22 10 / 2011
This is a simple spinach salad recipe that I nommed on this evening. It’s light, tasty, you can whip it up in 15 minutes and Popeye would definitely approve.
- 2 Avocados
- Sun-dried tomatoes (preferably marinated in olive oil, oregano and Garlic)
- Fresh Raw Spinach
- Cut avocados in half, take out the pit and scoop the avocado meat out of the skin and place in a bowl - mush avocados until creamy.
- Take Sun-dried tomatoes and chop them up into small pieces.
- Mix sun-dried tomatoes with avocado paste and add pepper to taste.
- Place “Italian Guacamole” on top of a bed of fresh raw spinach.
I didn’t add extra virgin olive oil on top of my salad, only because I found the avocado to be creamy and oily enough to use as a salad dressing. However, you can always toss the spinach in olive oil before you add the “Italian Guacamole” on top.
P.S. This recipe comes in handy in situations like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stjBajz5HLw